National Park Week is next month from April 16th – 24th, 2011 and folks like me who enjoy going on walks and hikes at national parks here in California can go off on an adventure without having to pay regular entrance fees.
So come out and enjoy the fresh
air and take advantage of this great event. If you’re not available that week, don’t worry — there’s other fee-free days that you can take advantage of. One other tip to take note is that several national park concessioners are joining the National Park Service in welcoming visitors with their own special offers. Feel free to check them out while planning your next outdoor trip.
WHEN: Fee-free days in 2011:
- January 15-17 (Martin Luther King, Jr. Birthday weekend)
- April 16-24 (National Park Week)
- June 21 (First day of summer)
- September 24 (Public Lands Day)
- November 11-13 (Veterans Day weekend)
WHERE: More than 100 U.S. National Parks (call for more info).
- Cabrillo National Monument
- Death Valley National Park
- John Muir National Historic Site
- Joshua Tree National Park
- Lassen Volcanic National Park
- Lava Beds National Monument
- Muir Woods National Monument
- Pinnacles National Monument
- San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park
- Sequoia National Park
- Whiskeytown Unit National Recreation Area
- Yosemite National Park
Photo Credit: Flickr User Iamtheh